Within our school, Year 4-7 pupils have the opportunity to apply to be a class representative on the school's Eco-Committee. Pupils put themselves forward for the role, and following their class presentation they receive votes from their class mates. The successful candidates meet monthly with Mrs Murphy our Eco-Committee Leader.
Eco-Committee Mission Statement
We will take a lead in showing an awareness and a responsibility of the importance of caring for environmental, sustainable issues in our school and Global World. We will make positive decisions to improve sustainable development in our school. We will participate in environmental reviews and monitor and evaluate the actions in our school and the wider community.
The Eco-Committee will work together to be a voice of their peers. They will model the importance of the school becoming more environmentally sustainable.
All members will attend Eco-Committee meetings and take an active role in participating and contributing to its’ activities within our Eco-Schools Green Flag Award Programme.
The Eco-Committee will meet monthly and then report back to their peers.
Pupils from Year 4-7 are eligible to be on the Eco-Committee, with two representatives from each class.
As a Eco-Committee member, your responsibilities include:
- wearing your Eco-Committee badge
- looking for ways to improve and enhance the environment of the school
- being willing and open to listen to ideas from other members
- attending the monthly Eco-Committee meetings
- ensuring that data, actions and activities are monitored, evaluated and reported back to your peers and within school and the wider community, where appropriate
- reporting back findings to your class following meetings, carrying out any further actions required
- contributing to Eco-Committee assemblies
Children oversee these responsilbilites, and come together on the second Thursday of every month to meet and discuss, ideas and suggestions within our school.
Below you can see our Eco-Schools Committee members for this school year.